Free workshop - Straw bales house construction
Learn a free course in exchange of practical work expirience
We invite you and ask for your support to join us in building our first ecological house in Atlantisya, Portugal!
This is an amazing opportunity to learn and experience for free how to build a round straw bale house, made mainly from local materials.
It will be the first building on Atlantisya, made from ancient stones and pine trees from the land, lime and straw bales, in a round shape with 2 floors and a basement. This is the round temple we co-create for the first Atlantisya Project!
- We are looking for enthusiastic, positive, strong and energized people that already have some experience in building or that like to work.
- The learning experience is free!
- We will supply you 3 vegetarian meals a day, we ask donation and every day someone helping the chef.
- You will camp on the pure land and in wild nature of Atlantisya (so we do recommend that camping experience is required).
- We have shower bags and eco-toilets. The conditions are quite basic, but all is there. There is an option to take a shower in our flat, but for frequent use we ask for donation.
- Bring your own camping equipment and if you have and are able to, working tools that might be useful (gloves for example).
- Do not forget to bring your own towels, good working clothes that can get dirty, sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses (the sun can be intensive!), good shoes, long sleeves but also clothes for the summer weather in central north Portugal.
- Also we ask you to bring and use –as much as possible- ecological products such as soap, toothpaste, cream etc. So Atlantisya stays happy and clean!
- We ask not to smoke in Atlantisya!
- Because of the warm weather during the day, we have a schedule of working from 8:30 in the morning (or even if possible earlier) up to 12. And perhaps in the afternoon few hours extra after having a long break.
If you are interested, please contact us online
And you will receive more information.
Send us your full name, telephone number and travel schedule (also where you come from). If you have any food allergies, also please let us know!
This experience will be guided by Antonio Barata and Kabael.
You can come anytime from the 1st September 2013 up to at least 2 weeks or a month.Depending how we proceed with the house.