Lecturer – Assistant Professor in Environmental Sciences .
The ISA Group invites applications for a tenure track position in Environmental Science. It seeks a broadly trained environmental specialist who will contribute to the development of a new Master’s degree course in Environmental Sciences that will be taught entirely in English on the subject of “Sustainable Management of Pollution”.
Description of the post:
The ISA Group has a full-time tenure-track position available in Environmental Sciences. The position will focus on pollution and the management of polluted sites. The successful applicant will be required:
- To teach from a list of subjects ranging from pollution diagnosis (pollution investigation, pollutant analysis, etc.) to site clean-up (physical remediation, chemical remediation, bioremediation etc.) depending on the applicant’s experience;
- To collaborate with the Department of Environmental Sciences in building the new Master Programme for Sustainable Management of Pollution (opening in September 2013);
- To contribute to the Master’s degree course governance and organization;
- To advise undergraduate and graduate students and to supervise their internships;
- To participate in university fairs in France and abroad;
- Opportunities exist for involvement in research, outreach and international programmes to meet University scholarship and service requirements.
Opportunities exist for:
- Involvement in research in the Soil and Environment Research Team;
- Involvement in outreach and international programmes to meet University scholarship and service requirements;
- Development of specific courses concerning risk assessment (human and environmental risks), environmental policy, water & sanitation, etc.
Applicants are expected to have a doctoral degree at the time of appointment or a master’s degree and significant industry experience.
- Strong field skills, including the ability to operate the field equipment necessary for teaching and research in aquatic resource management are required;
- Experience in, and desire to work with, diverse populations of learners and stakeholders is preferable;
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to excellent and innovative teaching at undergraduate level and the ability to engage students in environmental science projects and fieldwork
- Ability to communicate and work in English; French skills would be a plus but are not necessary;
- Excellent team-oriented attitude;
All the application materials, as listed below, should be submitted electronically in PDF format to email@example.com:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae or Resumé
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts of academic work (official transcripts will be required prior to an official offer being made)
- Statement of Scholarly Interest
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
For additional information about the position please contact Dr. Bertrand Pourrut, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary will be commensurate with education and professional experience.
Appointment Date: March 2013 or as soon as possible thereafter.